CAHNR Excellence in Exercise Science and Athletic Training Awards
The University of Connecticut College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources request nominations for two awards: the CAHNR Excellence in Exercise Science Award and CAHNR Excellence in Athletic Training Award. These awards are designed to recognize superior professional contributions from alumni of the UCONN Kinesiology Department.
1. Must be a graduate of a UCONN Exercise Science program or UCONN Athletic Training program, respectively.
2. Must show evidence of outstanding performance in an area of Exercise Science/Athletic Training with regards to clinical activity, professional service, education, community or scholarly activity.
3. Preferred to have evidence of consistent contributions to the profession including recognition and honors in endeavors related to one or more areas of health and wellness, education, service, and scholarly activity
Nominations will be accepted from the UCONN Kinesiology Alumni community. In addition, the Kinesiology Department representative to the Excellence Committee will solicit nominations from Kinesiology faculty. Nomination packets must be submitted in electronic form using pdf format. Include the nominee’s last name in the pdf file name.
Required Documents for the Nomination packet:
1. A brief statement of no more than 250 words from the nominator that clearly states the discipline of the nomination (Exercise Science or Athletic Training) and the rationale for nominating the candidate.
2. The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
All applications must be received by February 1, 2020.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of demonstrated excellence and lasting impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Exercise Science/Athletic Training expertise and commitment to health and wellness within a community or specific population
- Service with meaningful impact on the Program, University, and/or profession
- Advancement of Exercise Science/Athletic Training theory and practice
- Development and delivery of Exercise Science/Athletic Training education
- Scholarly activity as evidenced by grants, publications, and professional reputation
- Creativity or innovation in Exercise Science/Athletic Training education, research or implementation of Exercise Science/Athletic Training principles
The Department of Kinesiology Excellence Committee will review all nominee materials. Winners will be notified by March 1, 2020 and recognized at the ACSM Annual Meeting (Exercise Science) or the NATA Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium (Athletic Training).
Those who have been nominated remain eligible for three years. In order to be re-considered in the subsequent two years, the nomination materials must be updated annually.
Questions about the nomination process and/or application materials should be sent to:
Beth Taylor (Exercise Science): firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie Singe (Athletic Training): email@example.com